07/02/2013

Love for Leather

Dungaree dress - Miss Selfridge
Paisley jumper - Topman
Shoes and hat - Topshop

This dungaree dress is my absolute favourite piece in my wardrobe right now. I love wearing it over different clothes each time - a bodycon polo neck dress; a floral t-shirt with rolled up sleeves; a buttoned up blouse...the choices are endless! 

Yesterday I had another styling session, this time located at The Thirdman cafe (in central Edinburgh) which not only offered the most delicious slices of rocky road, but also the perfect backdrop for our shoot. I loved the wallpaper there which you can see below.




The theme of the shoot was leather, as it is now becoming a wardrobe staple on the same level as our trusty denim pieces. In my opinion, leather is the best investment in fashion you can make as it lasts a lifetime. My Topshop Boutique leather jacket was expensive to buy but when I think about costs per wear, it's been completely worth the price tag. If you're not so convinced then vintage leather jackets can be a cheaper alternative. Other leather pieces you might want to try are shorts, skirts and dresses. Iris & Ink on TheOutnet.com do some beautiful pieces which feel buttery. 

Next week's shoot will be for Scotland on Sunday and sounds very glamorous as it's inspired by Elizabeth Taylor!

Love from Lou Lou