09/04/2017

Scottish Design Exchange Part 2





Photography by Debbie McCuish

All items available from Scottish Design Exchange:
Culottes & Crop Top - Suk Wan Chan
Clutch bag - Rie + Mil
Necklace - C.Caricco

Following up from part 1, I've got some more fab Scotland based designers to tell you about! First up is Suk Wan Chan, who designed the monochrome outfit I'm wearing. Sophia Chan studied Fashion Design at Heriot-Watt University and has gone on to create womenswear collections from her studio in Edinburgh. She takes some of her inspiration from her Chinese heritage as well as art and philosophy. 

You'll know that my style isn't exactly minimalist, however I thought the Suk Wan Chan pieces were really unusual and felt very high quality. The crop top has a very sculptural silhouette which I've never seen before. I also love the culottes which have a leaf-like pattern created by the micro-pleated fabric. 

The clutch bag is by another Edinburgh based label; Rie + Mil. Created by two friends with backgrounds in Fashion Technology and Textile Design, they print and hand construct every item. Their designs are "created to give a relaxed elegance with on-trend print designs." I have a thing for crystal prints right now so this clutch was practically calling my name!

Sticking with the crystal theme, I paired the pink clutch with this stunning crystal necklace. There were various colours to choose from and I particularly liked the oil slick colours of this one. Created by jewellery brand C.Caricco, their beautifully handmade pieces are designed to suit every style and budget.

This outfit was shot in Glasgow Green on a sunny but extremely windy day - hence the half closed eyes! Debbie is a fab photographer to shoot with though and we didn't let the crazy weather ruin our shoot. Dream Team! You can check out one of our previous shoots (and one of my favourites) here. Also, thank you to Ruth MacGilp for letting me borrow these amazing pieces. Don't forget to visit The Scottish Design Exchange and support your local artists and designers.