02/01/2017

5 Exciting Things To Come This Year

Happy New Year! I hope 2017 is getting off to a good start for you all now that the hangovers have passed! If you're like me and you haven't made major plans like booking holidays, there are still loads of things to look forward to from TV shows to music. Last year was pretty amazing for both - with Stranger Things and All Stars 2 keeping us glued to our screens and Beyonce and Lady Gaga releasing their killer comeback albums. Who knows what highlights this year will bring, but for now I've rounded up the top five things that I'm looking forward to and you might want to check out too.

Girls Season Finale - 12th February


Girls season 6 finale
Girls is one of my favourite TV shows of all time. It has the perfect balance of comedy and drama, but what makes it different to other shows is that it's so realistic of what life is like in your twenties for our generation. In the last season, the girls were worrying about their life choices, from whether they were in the right job, to whether they were with the right person. We'll see if everything falls into place for them in the season finale. Somehow I'm not expecting a sugar-coated ending!

Haim Release Second Album - Summer

Haim album 2017
Haim released their debut album Days Are Gone way back in 2013, so it's been a long wait for their next one. It's yet to be given a title, but the band have already started performing a couple of the tracks while touring. I can't wait to hear more and I'm hoping to see them live again if they come back to Scotland this year.

Bianca Del Rio's Not Today Satan Tour - February


If you're a massive RuPaul's Drag Race fan like me, you'll probably agree that Bianca Del Rio is hands down the most hilarious drag queen of all seasons. Her quick witted one-liners were some of the best moments of season six (and very much needed to cope with Laganja!) As soon as I found out she was bringing her stand-up comedy show Not Today Satan to the UK, I immediately snapped up tickets for me and my friends. I'll be seeing her at the Usher Hall in the second row, so I might get read by the Queen of Shade! 

Jackie Hits Cinemas - 20th January


I didn't go to the cinema enough last year, but there are a few films I want to see in 2017 and Jackie is at the top of the list. Natalie Portman is one of my favourite actresses and I can't wait to see her portrayal of former First Lady Jackie Kennedy. The film has been nominated for three Golden Globes and Natalie Portman has even been tipped to win an Oscar for Best Actress.

MØ's New Album Drops - Date TBC


scottish fashion blogger
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting impatiently for Danish singer MØ  to release her second album. Her first three singles from the album - Kamikaze, Final Song and Drum - are the ultimate feel-good songs. In a recent interview with Confront Magazine, MØ said "it’s going to be a political album and it has messages, it’s not just about love. I think that’s nice and it has the mellow quality side, which I’m very much about, but I’m also very much about the party and outgoing side of life." 


What are you most looking forward to this year? Let me know on Twitter or on my Facebook page