10/01/2016

Key Pieces for 2016

It's not too long until the winter sales are over and we can start investing in new pieces for the spring season. The latest copies of Elle and Harpers Bazaar have got me excited about what's to come so I wanted to share some of the key pieces that stood out for me. I'm not a fan of the tracksuit or the ultra-wide fit trousers, so I've left those out! Take a look at some of the ways you can look super stylish next season.

The Slip dress
The number 1 must-have of S/S16 is predicted to be the nineties style slip dress. A large number of designers included white slips in silk and satin with lace trimmings. I love the addition of a body chain in the Calvin Klein Collection.

The Bomber Jacket
Bomber jackets are going to be even more popular this year (I'm glad I still have my lilac satin one!) Try a striking print with a cropped waist like Roberto Cavalli's design or Saint Laurent's oversized metallic style.

The Shoulderless Top
Chloe and Christopher Kane revealed the shoulder as the new erogenous zone. Think romantic sophistication with soft billowing fabrics.

The Pencil Skirt
Another sophisticated silhouette that dominated the catwalks was the pencil skirt. This was paired with cropped knitwear at Oscar de la Renta and a boxy jacket in a matching print at Prada.

The lace-up shoes
Many designers took their shoe inspiration from the Edwardian era, with pointed toes and criss-cross lacing. This look works best with bare legs and an edgy dress.

The Sequinned Dress
This year's partywear is all about the shimmering and the sparkling. The catwalks showcased an array of sequinned dresses from gold to shades of blue.

Which on-trend pieces are you planning on adding to your wardrobe?