12/01/2015

My Biba Bargain

Shirt dress - Biba
Hat - Miss Selfridge
Boots - Topshop


A few days ago, Shelter in Morningside were having a special shopping event where they sold some designer pieces and other valuable items. Of course I had to check it out, so I popped along the road with my friend and waited in the queue. All of the shop windows were covered to keep us shoppers in suspense, and were torn down as the doors opened at 10am. 

Inside was a group of journalists and photographers, who quickly noticed a young girl with a Steiff teddy bear, which must have been the first purchase of the day. The photographers gathered around her and snapped away for a while as I rummaged through the clothes and handbags. My friend and I didn't find anything we wanted to buy inside, however I suggested we looked in the windows from outside. When we did, I was over the moon as I spotted this beautiful silk Biba shirt dress. With a price tag of just £25, I immediately rushed back into the shop to purchase it. 

I think it's likely to have been sold as nightwear, but at the moment I feel it's too pretty to hide under my bedcovers! I've always liked the Biba logo and it works really well as a print. What do you think?

Love from Lou Lou