02/01/2015

What's Exciting About 2015

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you are all having a good start to 2015. It's a good time to start getting excited about what awaits us over the next twelve months, or even just the next twelve weeks. Beat the January blues by making fun plans and thinking about all the fashion, films, TV, music and events there are to come. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:

1. Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty Exhibition
From 14th March, the beautiful V&A will exhibit the highly anticipated Savage Beauty; a collection of Alexander McQueen's most innovative and iconic designs. I am planning my next London trip to coincide with this.

2. The return of Girls 
I'm so happy that one of my favourite TV shows is making a return so soon (11th January). Season four will follow Hannah's big move to Iowa, where she starts her writing course. Her relationship with Adam becomes difficult with the long distance, and Marnie's affair with her music partner Desi sounds even more complicated. If you haven't watched this show yet, you absolutely must!

3. #Onward: Scot Street Style Annual 2015
I am very excited about the launch of this book, due to be released within the next couple of months. Gordon J Millar is the founder of Scot Street Style, which is a community of Scottish creatives, who come together through his famous 'Gatherings' and also social media. His book "captures the country’s creativity" and amazingly, I am one of the privileged people to be included!

4. The high-street's spring/summer collections
Although I have enjoyed wrapping up in knitwear this winter, I now cannot wait for spring's sunshine, along with brightly coloured clothes to fill my wardrobe. Next season we can expect the seventies era to be a major influence, from cropped suede jackets to fringed dresses. Pop-art prints, culottes and denim separates will also be everywhere. 


5. On a more personal note, what awaits me in 2015 is both exciting and scary, as in June I am due to finish my Digital Marketing diploma. I hope I can then find a job I love after all my hard work!

What are you excited for this year?

Love from Lou Lou