28/01/2015

The Haute Couture Edit

Over the past few days, London and Paris have hosted the extravagant spectacle that is Haute Couture of Spring 2015. We got our fashion fix of the most dramatic and intricate designs, with bolder statements compared to previous couture seasons. 

In London, John Galliano showcased his first collection for Maison Martin Margiela. He may have a bad reputation, however you cannot deny that he is a creative genius and I loved the striking designs of his show. My favourite look had to be the floor-sweeping red trench coat complete with the trademark Margiela mask. It's the definition of fierce!

I was less impressed with Chanel's collection (with the exception of my two favourites below) as it was stepping away from it's chic aesthetic and taking an unusual direction with unflattering silhouettes and ugly flat boots! I could deal with the trainers from last year's couture show, but the boots were an eye-sore. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing which celebrities grace the award ceremony red carpets wearing the latest couture. Kate Hudson has already turned heads with her risqué red Atelier Versace dress at the designer's show. I hope to see someone opting for one of my top picks below.

Maison Martin Margiela

 Schiaparelli

Elie Saab

Christian Dior

Valentino

Chanel

Atelier Versace

Which collection was your favourite?

Love from Lou Lou