19/02/2014

Best of London Fashion Week A/W14


This year I was lucky enough to be invited back by the PPQ team to help dress their models for the catwalk. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the first day of London Fashion Week, and Valentines day too! After several seasons showing at Somerset House, PPQ relocated to the stunning Sanderson hotel in Soho. It was the perfect location for their after-party too! The collection was inspired by London in the sixties, therefore I was lusting after just about every single piece - from the fluffy coats to the knee-high fur trimmed boots.

That wasn't the only collection I was going crazy for however! As usual, I found it extremely difficult to pick two favourites from Erdem's collection. That man can do no wrong! The king of all things floral gave us yet another exquisite take on botanical embroidery, some of which was stitched onto gold silk. I would be surprised if we don't spot Kate Middleton wearing one of these regal dresses. The collection also  included crystal appliqué scattered across pieces and doily-like laser cut-out velvet dresses. I genuinely want it all.

Some designers took a complete U-turn on their previous designs, the prime example being Mary Katrantzou. She is known for her digital print collections, however this season there wasn't a single print to be seen! It makes sense though that she now feels ready to try out new techniques. Her dresses made from sew-on badges were a refreshing example of what's to come.

So here are my top ten catwalk looks (in no particular order - that would be practically impossible for me to decide on.) Enjoy!


Giles

Erdem

Ashish

Christopher Kane

Burberry Prorsum

Matthew Williamson

House of Holland

Mary Katrantzou

Topshop Unique

PPQ

As always, I would love to read your opinions on the latest season of London Fashion Week. Which collections are you pining for?

Love from Lou Lou