31/07/2013

Holiday Packing

It's just a few days until I jet off to Berlin with one of my best friends. We have previously been on beach holidays together and therefore didn't have to pack much more than bikinis and outfits for nights out. However now that we're going on a city break, there's a lot more outfit planning involved. We need to pack shoes that are comfy enough to be on our feet all day, bags that are big enough to carry a jacket and a book, and outfits that can be worn day-to-night. Here my tips for what you need to pack when visiting a city on your holiday.

The shopper bag: take a large bag as hand luggage with a spare outfit inside, just incase your suitcase goes missing when your plane lands. Then you can use this bag for carrying your essentials on your day trips. (bag £49.99 from Mango)

The dress: You can keep outfits simple by wearing a colourful light-weight dress during the day and adding beautiful jewellery and a pair of heels for hitting to the local bars at night. (dress £35 from Monki)

The sunglasses: This season's most fashionable frames are a round cat-eye shape. Topshop and ASOS have a great selection. (sunglasses £16 from Topshop)


The jacket: Once the sun goes down it can get a little chilly so a light-weight jacket such as a denim or silky bomber jacket are the perfect choice. I bought this one pictured and a floral bomber jacket from Zara. (jacket £55 from Topshop)

The jewellery: A statement necklace or bangle is the best way to turn your day outfit into an evening look. I recently bought a blue jewelled necklace from Zara, and I also have my eyes on this stunning necklace that would look amazing tied around the collar of a shirt-dress. (necklace £12 from River Island)


This is my last blog post before I return from Berlin, but you can look forward to my holiday outfit pictures until then!

Love from Lou Lou