23/07/2013

My Week of Styling

Last week I was a busy bee and had two different photoshoots on both of my days off from Topshop. The first one was for The Studio Agency, so the images from the shoot will be added to the portfolios of their models Hannah Fairgrieve and Urszula Prokop, as well as my styling portfolio that is soon to appear on the agency's website. My styling involved lots of bright and colourful summer prints, with lots of statement jewellery. I borrowed a lot of the clothing from Oliver Bonas (which opened during May in Edinburgh) and also from Topshop, ASOS, Monki and Zara. Lou Mack did a fantastic job with the make-up which involved orange painted eyebrows and lips for Hannah and gold foil applied to Urszula's eyelids, with black lips. 



Photographer: Zsofia Molnar
Stylist: Louise Arnot
Make-up artist: Lou Mack
Models: Hannah Fairgrieve & Urszula Prokop
With thanks to Anji Locke at The Studio Agency

You may have seen my first video on instagram if you follow me, but if not then you can now have a sneek peek at four of the six looks in action!


On Saturday, I was so thankful that the sun stayed out as my second shoot was set at Portobello beach. You would think we were in a tropical country when you look at the photographs! I selected dresses from this year's Edinburgh College of Art graduates Jennifer-Karen Smith and Alanna Emmerton. Their collections feature delicate pastel pieces which worked so well together. I also added stunning crystal headpieces and jewellery by Rene Walrus to complete the look, which made the models look like mermaids! 


Photographer: Levi MacDonald
Stylist: Louise Arnot
Make-up artist: Molly Sheridan
Models: Tara Nowy (above) & Patricia Taylor (below)

Both dresses by Jennifer-Karen

I am beyond excited to receive the images once the photographers have finished editing them. Sadly though, I'm in for a bit of a wait as both photographers are in high demand and run off their feet at the moment! I hope you like my little snapshots in the meantime.

Love from Lou Lou