25/02/2013

Scottish Bloggers Party

Some of the lovely bloggers getting to know each other

My lovely 'Cherry Oh My' cocktail and the speed dating questions

On Saturday night I attended my first blogging event in Edinburgh, which was held at a stylish bar called Hemma, on Hollyrood road. The party had a valentines theme and involved a speed dating setup where we had a few minutes to speak to each person. We also had a list of questions so we could ask one question to each person (mostly beauty and fashion related) which was an easy and fun way to get to know everyone. 

There was also a raffle to raise money for a brilliant local charity called Shakti Women's Aid. We raised £88 which is great as it's such a worthy cause. I was lucky enough to win the prize I wanted most which was a Lashes for London voucher worth £100! I will be showing you what I picked on my next blog post so watch out for that.  

I would like to thank Gillian, Jenn, Lianne and Juliet for organising such an enjoyable evening which I could tell involved a lot of planning - from contacting the sponsors to the cute table decorations. You all did an amazing job. It was also a great turnout with at least 20 bloggers coming from different parts of Scotland. I am now going to check out all of their blogs as I had only followed a couple of them prior to the event. What a lovely bunch of bloggers they all are, and I hope to see them again next time.

Love from Lou Lou

Us bloggers with our prizes (almost everyone won something!)