19/02/2013

LFW A/W 13 Favourites

As we come to the end of London Fashion Week A/W 2013, I have once again chosen my favourite looks from the shows that impressed me the most. So without further ado, here are my top five...

Matthew Williamson
I'm always full of lust when I see Matthew Williamson's collections each season. He does colour like no other designer in my opinion. For example, below you can see the raspberry and lilac dip-dyed necklace compliments the mint and grey dress perfectly.


Erdem
You can easily tell by my own style that I'm an Erdem girl! All the florals and romanticism excite me to no end! This season, Erdem has taken florals to a darker side and I am crazy about the dress below, which is made from ostrich feathers covered with a layer of black chiffon. Genius!


Giles
This season, Giles took inspiration from the costumes in tv series Black Adder. It featured billowing sleeves and bodices, however my favourite pieces were the gold laser-cut leather dresses. Incredible!


Mary Katrantzou
Known for her photographic prints on uniquely structured garments, Mary Katrantzou focused her prints on moonlit landscapes this season. I love how the print of the waterfall ripples with the thin material of this dress.


Topshop Unique
Each season, Topshop Unique showcases a completely different collection to the last. This time round, there was lots of patent leather, sequins and shearling. It also confirmed that the revival of the nineties will still be going strong next winter.



What were your favourite shows at London Fashion Week?

Love from Lou Lou