12/02/2012

My Fashion Filled Week!

It's been a very busy and exciting week for me so I thought I'd let you know what I've been up to! At the start of the week I met a photographer called Sam Williamson to discuss ideas for some photoshoots. I currently have a portfolio of fashion photography work but now I want to build on a portfolio for my styling work. It would also be great if we could get our photos published so we'll see how it goes. I absolutely love this photograph she took below. Check out her online portfolio here.



The highlight of my week was assisting stylist Lynne McCrossan for the Edinburgh Evening News. I had the pleasure of picking out pieces from Topshop for the shoot which included the trousers, handbag, platform shoes and gold necklace and spiked bracelet in the picture below. 

Eunice from Colours modelling agency
The shoot had a Valentine's chic theme which I loved, and it felt rather glamorous being at Prestonfield House which is an incredibly lavish hotel, originally built for Lord Provost in 1687. It really makes you want to move in and drink cups of tea all day as you lounge by the huge fireplace or doll yourself up in the pink powder room! 


Also this week I made two moodboards for Topshop's trends South Pacific and Spring Equinnox which was really fun to do. I was pretty pleased with the results and if I didn't have to hand them into work I would probably hang them up on my bedroom wall! 


I hope you all had a good week too and if you live in Edinburgh, make sure you pick up a copy of the Evening News tomorrow!

Love from Lou Lou