16/02/2012

New York Fashion Week

Today was the final showing of New York Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012. It didn't impress me as much as previous seasons, however I still wanted to share with you my favourites. Jason Wu had a Chinese theme which was divided into three parts: Chinese military, Chinese history and Chinese portrayed by twenties/thirties Hollywood which he described as "inauthentic". Marchesa drew inspiration from religious iconography for their beautifully lavish dresses and Prabal Gurung's Uncursed collection had the unusual inspiration of genetically modified blue roses.

I know we are just starting to get excited about Spring, but to be one step ahead of the others, we can now begin to see next Winter's trends emerge. One trend which I'm looking forward to is the oriental look. We can also expect to see tailored outerwear, which will have a military feel. The sixties is the decade that will be the most apparent and will have a french feel about it. 

Now comes the excitement of London Fashion Week - in my opinion the best by far! Like last year, I will be visiting London to take photos of some very stylish people on their way to the shows. Somehow it gives me the feeling that I'm one step closer to attending the catwalk shows myself!

Marchesa

Jenny Packham

Diane von Furstenberg

Jason Wu

Prabal Gurung

Carolina Herrera

Love from Lou Lou