30/01/2012

Hurry Up Summer!

Pastel top - Urban Outfitters
Denim shorts - Urban Outfitters
Lilac tights - Dorothy Perkins
Cream lace tights - H&M
Wooden wedges - Swedish Hasbeens
Necklace - Gift from Japan
Nail varnishes - Barry M


Who can wait for Spring time to wear pretty pastels? Not me! It must be the influence of working in a shop which is already selling colourful Summer dresses and printed hot pants. For once, nothing I'm wearing is from Topshop - although after my shift today I bought a lot of new items that have come in.
As you can see, I decided to match my nails to my new top, and added some more pastel by wearing lilac tights underneath my lace tights. 

Did anyone watch We'll Take Manhattan last week? I'd waited several months for it to show on BBC Four and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was based on photographer David Bailey's affair with Jean Shrimpton and their shoot for Vogue that shot them to fame. I would have featured this on a separate blog post but every fashion website that exists seems to have covered it at least once! All I can say is I would buy this on dvd if the BBC release it, and to those of you who haven't seen it you can watch it on BBC iplayer if you click here.

Love from Lou Lou