06/10/2011

PFW Top Five

I couldn't let Paris Fashion Week fly by without a mention so here is my round-up of the final fashion week. What I liked the most about the catwalks of Paris was how the designers added their own twists. For example, Alexis Mabille re-worked the classic shirt in different ways such as a bodice (see picture) and floor-length dresses with trains. He truly thought outside the box, while remaining accessible. I'm not really into suits massively but I was impressed with Ricardo Tisci's Givenchy collection which featured alternative tailoring with fin-like shapes. 

There were a few designers that I felt disappointed with, although my judgement can only be made with pictures online. Hopefully one day I can appreciate the designers' craftsmanship close-up. Until then, I will leave you with these little snippets!

Givenchy
Theme: Sea creatures
Colours: Cream, blush & khaki 
Details: Trimmings made from shark, eel & stingray

Emanuel Ungaro
Theme: Splashed prints inspired by nasa aerial pictures
Colours: Turquoise, red & white
Details: Ruffles & gold belts

Alexis Mabille
Theme: Menswear meets womanswear
Colours: Blues, reds & greens
Details: Banker stripes and bows

Alexander McQueen

Theme: Ocean Life
Colours: Pinks, cream & black
Details: Lace & beaded masks

Lanvin
Theme: Gothic Glamour
Colours: Black & white
Details: Padded shoulders


What did you think of Paris Fashion Week? Which was your favourite fashion week of the S/S 2012 season?

Love from Lou Lou


All fashion week photos are from Style.com