10/11/2010

More Illustration Love

Illustration is a form of art that I get excited about. My bedroom walls feature reproduced vintage posters for french shows and my beautiful framed Danny Roberts fashion illustration, as previously posted. 
My weekend trip to London next month will therefore include a visit to Somerset House to see Dior Illustrated: RenĂ© Gruau and the Line of Beauty. The images I have seen so far are so simple but also absolutely stunning. The exhibition will feature original artwork for magazines, Christian Dior perfumes and Dior Haute Couture dresses. I can't wait to see them all.
I am also happy to see that the hugely anticipated film Black Swan has released four limited edition illustrated posters. The film is due to be released in February next year and stars Natalie Portman who plays a troubled ballet dancer (dressed in Rodarte costumes, which I'm excited to see!) I love the art deco look of the posters and how clever they are, particularly the one on the right with Natalie's arms turning into the swan's feathers.

Love from Lou Lou