07/07/2010

Chanel Couture

I guess my invite from Karl got lost in the post, but here is a quick summery of what I've gathered from the Chanel show for Couture Week. 
The extravagant set of a Chanel show never fails to disappoint me. This time round, the Grand Palais featured a 40ft high golden lion which referenced Coco Chanel's star sign. The lion's paw held onto a giant pearl from which the models emerged. Genius!

Image from Chanel-news.com


The collection consisted of midi skirts, cropped jackets, lavish dresses and heavy coats. Embroidery and sequins gave the collection that extra bit of luxury and there was a rich colour palette of navy, brown, camel and deep red. I don't think I have a single occasion that I could wear one of these opulent outfits, however I will keep the collection in mind in the hope that my future involves red carpet events and dinning with the Queen!

Images from Style.com

Above are my favourite dresses from the show.

Love from Lou Lou