09/07/2010

Illustration Love

After posting lots of pretty photographs I thought I would share with you some beautiful fashion illustrations. Recently, I bought a signed illustration by the wonderful Danny Roberts. Below is the picture I chose which features a girl wearing a lace Valentino dress. When I move house (probably next year) I want my bedroom to look more boudoir and this will go perfectly with my black chandelier. 



Danny Roberts is an illustrator from California. He has collaborated with Lancome, Forever21 and Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers. This picture below was created just over a week ago and is one of my favourites as I love the vibrant colours. To see more of Danny's illustrations click here




Another fashion illustrator I must share with you is Kelly Thompson. She is from New Zealand and is currently exhibiting her work in Sydney. For more of her work click here



I wish that illustrations were used more often in fashion magazines. As much as I love photography, there needs to be more room for this form of art. I hope it makes a come back after all these years.

Love from Lou Lou