15/07/2017

Haute Couture: Laskaris A/W17

On my second day of Couture Week in Paris, I was excited to see the Laskaris show entitled 'Prisma'. Laskaris is a Greek couturier and took his collection's inspiration from his homeland's culture. 

Everything about the collection felt very powerful. There were floor sweeping capes, sculptural dresses and leather jackets with colourful fur trimmings. My favourites included the two dresses that were adorned with green enamels. These were hand-moulded in Laskaris's atelier in Athens. 

The main colours were red, white, gold and black. Authentic keys on long thin chains were beautiful accessories, which looked particularly effective hanging down over an open-back dress. When the final two looks were revealed, you could see the artistic vision of what the keys unlocked. Cage-like dresses covered in butterflies were an unexpected and inspiring end to the show.

Laskaris A/W17

Laskaris A/W 2017

Laskaris couture designer

Paris Couture show




See the full collection:


As it was another hot day in Paris, I wore my new summer dress from Zara. I love the subtle pattern clash of florals printed over red and white pinstripes. The ruffled shoulderless sleeves make it even more cute and fun! This photo was taken just outside the venue by the beautiful Alexandre III Bridge. 

Scottish fashion blogger

I hope you liked my reviews of the Laskaris and Patuna shows. There was a delay in getting them written up as I went to Copenhagen straight after Paris! Look out for my next post featuring my favourite photos from Copenhagen. If you haven't been, I know you'll want to go after seeing how gorgeous the city is.