19/10/2016

Three New Places To Eat in Edinburgh

One of the best things about living in Edinburgh is that there are new restaurants and cafes opening up all the time. I love discovering how the venues have been decorated and trying something new from their menus. Since my Twitter followers seem to appreciate my recommendations for new places to eat, I thought I'd go in to a little more detail for you. 


Five Degrees


Starting with my favourite, Five Degrees opened two months ago and is situated just down from Bruntsfield Links on Barclay Place. I discovered this cute cafe last weekend when I was looking for somewhere to have brunch with my best friend. We were both really tired and hungry after a big night out and luckily this was the perfect place to pick us up. 

The interior is super stylish, from the colourful walls to the modern furniture. What makes it unique is that dogs are not only welcome, but they have their own dog menu! How sweet is that? Sadly there were none when we were there but hopefully next time! As for the menu for humans, there were some seriously tasty options including 15 flavours of bubble tea! I chose the taro flavour with lychee bubbles which is delicious if you have a sweet tooth like me! I also really enjoyed the chicken and roast pepper bagel.


Five Degrees cafe Edinburgh review

Cup


After living in Glasgow, I thought I was going to miss my lunches at the Cup tearoom in the centre of town. Luckily though, just after I moved through, Cup came to Edinburgh! It's located on South Charlotte street and I've already visited three times! 

Cup is a large sized tearoom and it's proving to be extremely popular already. If you like Eteaket this will be right up your street! I don't think I've ever come across such a huge selection of food and drink from so many menus! There's the tea menu which covers every type, from herbal infusions to health blends. I most recently tried the White Snowdrop from the Comfort Teas section which I swear cured my hangover! They also have an extensive list of cocktails including their own creations and a wide variety of gin cocktails as in the evening Cup becomes a bar called Gin 71. I recommend A Single Rose which is made with Hendrick's gin, elderflower liqueur, prosecco and rose water bitters. I also love their cupcakes and macaroons - in fact the violet and red berries flavour is the best macaroon I've ever tasted. They also do lovely lunches and afternoon tea so you're really spoilt for choice.
Cup tearoom Edinburgh review

Topolabamba


Topolabamba also recently opened up in Edinburgh after doing well in Glasgow. This stylish Mexican restaurant is located on Lothian road, just up from the Usher Hall. I went for a work lunch and I didn't want to return to the office after! I loved the fun and vibrant look inside so much that I quickly took the photo below before I even sat down! 

My team found the menu slightly overwhelming as there was SO much to choose from on their menus. This includes classic Mexican dishes, street food and cocktails. I opted for the pork tostadas, roasted quesadillas and chilli fries. I really enjoyed my meal even though the tostadas were very spicy (but I'm just not used to spicy food so don't let that put you off!) I would definitely go again and next time, when I don't have to head back to work, I'll try their margaritas!

Topolabamba review Edinburgh

Let me know if you head to any of these fab new hangouts and tell me what you think. I might even see you there!