27/05/2016

Your5 Fashion Consultation at Silverburn

It's been seven months since I moved to Glasgow and I'm still having fun discovering all of the best places to shop. Last weekend I finally checked out Silverburn shopping centre as I was invited to their Your5 event. 

I had been really looking forward to having my fashion consultation as I was interested in hearing a top stylist's opinion on what I would suit. During the consultation, she took me around 5 sections based on this season's wardrobe staples: The Shirt, The Jacket, The Trouser, The Sneaker and The Silk. Each area displayed a rail of hand-picked clothes from a wide variety of brands which could be found in the mall. 


I'm a huge fan of silk and Your5 showed that there's a fab range of silk pieces for SS16.

I bumped into the lovely Tatyana of Lafotka.com

My stylist talked me through the current season's key styles, from boxy jackets to colourful trainers. She also helped me select the best pieces to suit my style and taste. Naturally, I was drawn towards all of the beautiful prints, however my stylist convinced me that I should try adding some simple shirts to my wardrobe. I also loved the selection of cropped trousers. After receiving a Silverburn voucher in my goodie bag, I went straight to Topshop to buy this chic pair of wide-leg trousers below. The crinkly material is so unusual and I like that I could wear them casually with trainers, then dress them up in the evening with a pair of heels.


Strip Pleat Trousers - Topshop

Here are my other top picks from my consultation:


Links - Bomber jacket | Striped shirt | Converse Sneakers | Floral top

If you haven't been to Glasgow's Silverburn shopping centre yet then I'd really recommend you do as it's huge and there are so many great stores inside.

Let me know what you think of my top picks!