28/02/2016

Why Suffer For Fashion?

Scottish fashion blogger


Gasgow fashion blogger
Coat: Warehouse
Scarf: Miss Shorthair
Jeans: BDG at Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Lacoste

Over the past few seasons, the Fashion Gods have been pretty kind. Many top designers such as Karl Lagerfeld have replaced towering stilettos with low block heels or trainers, and this winter's trends have allowed us to keep cosy in polo-necks, oversized scarves and faux fur. 

I never thought I'd see the day, but even Victoria Beckham is now choosing flats over heels. I even surprised myself when I recently bought a pair of trainers to wear outside of the gym. My style doesn't include sportswear, however my leather pair of Lacoste high-tops are the perfect transition from my chelsea boots. I can wear them with a lot of my outfits and they make my feet feel like they're in heaven. Also, when I was last on a shopping spree I purchased a silky jacket and the comfiest pair of peg trousers that almost feel as soft as my pyjamas! I'm not saying I'm going to take a leaf out of Elton John's book and live in tracksuits for the rest of my life, but comfortable fabrics and cuts are more appealing to me than ever before.