09/08/2015

Summer Carnival Look






Jumpsuit - Quiz*
Sunglasses - Quiz*
 Shoes - Quiz*
Bangle - Forever 21

The sun seems to be making more of an appearance this month in Scotland, so I've been wearing my brightest florals while I get the chance! It's also great timing for my styling challenge set by Quiz. They've asked their favourite fashion bloggers to put an outfit together which could be worn to a summertime event. I chose Notting Hill Carnival (taking place on 30th & 31st August) because I love the vibrant colours of the costumes and it's such a fun parade. When I went with my group of friends, we wore lots of colours too, which helps you feel part of it - although feathered headdresses should be left to the street performers only! 

This jumpsuit screams summer and instantly creates a bold look when you put it on. The colourful print is perfect for getting into the carnival spirit and I find the figure-hugging cut really flattering too. My new wedges are surprisingly comfortable enough to wear for several hours. The t-bar style works well with a jumpsuit and I absolutely love the tassel detail.

Notting Hill Carnival weekend is most likely to be sunny, so sunglasses are a must. I love this round mirrored pair and they keep my look up-to-date. 

What do you think of my look? Have you dressed up for a summer carnival before?


P.s. thanks to Ellie Morag for taking the photos. See more of her photography here and in my next post!