03/04/2015

Lilac Bomber Lovin'

Edinburgh fashion blogger

Louise Arnot





Bomber jacket - H&M
Jeans - BDG @ Urban Outfitters
Top - Topshop
Boots - Topshop
Handbag - Deena & Ozzy

Sometimes good things are worth waiting for, and in this case waiting to buy this beaut of a bomber paid off as it was reduced in H&M's sale by 60%! Lilac has always been one of my favourite colours and my wardrobe was crying out for a silky padded bomber! So far I've worn it when catching up with a friend over coffee and I dressed it up with my striped mini dress for the Edinburgh bloggers event at Coast.

I am also a little bit in love with my new suede handbag. I searched all over the internet for a new everyday bag and this one ticked all the boxes, from it's size to it's beautiful detailing. 

My good friend Becky Tunney is a pro with her camera and she kindly took these photos of me when we met in town. What do you think?

I've recently returned from a brilliant trip to London. Every time I'm down there I always seem to do something that involves fashion, and this time I got to see the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition. To say it was stunning is an understatement. It really is one thing seeing photos of his work and a whole different thing standing an inch away from it, taking in every intricate detail. The way it was curated was also beyond what anyone could expect. I particularly loved the room where about a hundred pieces mixed with catwalk videos filled the four huge walls floor-to-ceiling. It was was clearly inspired by a cabinet of curiosities, except it was on a gigantic scale! There was also a recreation of the Kate Moss hologram from the A/W 2006 show, which was so mesmerising. 

If you haven't pre-booked tickets and you're dying to visit the exhibition, you can queue outside before the doors open like I did as extra tickets are released every morning. It was 100% worth my 40 minute wait in line and I can't recommend it enough.

Love from Lou Lou