29/08/2014

Catwalk Worthy Coats

It breaks my heart to say it, but it seems like the summer sunshine won't be making many more appearances this year. On the plus side, at least we have some exciting new trends to look forward to. My favourite winter piece is definitely a good coat. I'm always so impressed by the British high street's take on the many styles seen at Fashion Weeks. The quality is usually fantastic too, which is exactly what you need from this wardrobe staple. 

The faux fur coat has been around for the last few winters, and my black cocoon shaped one will be coming out of my coat cupboard again this year. If you're feeling more daring, this season offers multicoloured and striped versions. 

Another classic style to re-emerge is the parka. I love the luxe take on it this winter, as modelled by Cara Delevigne in the recent Topshop campaign. If anyone wants to buy me the Pamella Roland metallic parka below then that would be nice!

For more coat inspiration, take a look at my top picks below.

The Check Coat
River Island check coat
Catwalk - Rodarte / High street - River Island

The Luxe Parka 
Topshop Luxe Parka coat
Catwalk - Pamella Roland / Highstreet - Topshop

The Fur Coat
Motel fur coat
Catwalk - DKNY / High street - Motel

The Long Coat
ASOS peach duster coat
Catwalk - Chanel / High street - ASOS


Will you be investing in one of these coat styles this coming season?

Love from Lou Lou