19/03/2014

ASOS High Summer Event

It's not very often that a high profile online brand such as ASOS decides to hold a press event in Edinburgh, so it was exciting to attend one in my hometown. It was held at the suitably stylish Hotel Missoni, where we were welcomed by the PR team before we started to browse the rails.

My friend Rebecca and I had a good long look at each sample from their High Summer collections and compiled a mental list of what we want to buy when the clothing is available in May and June. There were plenty of floral prints which I am always naturally drawn towards, and it was the techniques that gave them an edge. I adored the appliqué flowers on sheer fabric with another layer of floral emerging from underneath. Some of the premium pieces were so unique with such exquisite detailing that they looked more designer than high-street. Surely it is only a matter of time before we see ASOS join Whistles and Topshop on the catwalks of London Fashion Week. Until then, take a look at some of the pieces that make me long for summer more than ever!














Love from Lou Lou