25/11/2013

The Season of Fur and Fluff


As much as I dislike the freezing temperatures we have recently been facing in Britain, I'm so glad that there is a fashionable solution. This winter, you can find more fluffy and fur pieces on the high-street than ever before. My friend Kate and I (pictured above) are obsessed with these faux fur stoles we found in Zara. They just ooze old Hollywood glamour don't they? Although I wore my fur coat that day, I wouldn't advise opting for fur-on-fur! It's just too over the top! Instead, try fluffy or fur items with contrasting textures such as leather, wool or waxed denim.

Topshop's must-have fluffy pieces are the teddy coat (I'm still pining after the pink version that sold out recently) and the cropped jumper (super soft). The monochrome and pastel choice of colours are perfect. I wouldn't advise wearing a bright colour of fluffy jumper though as you may end up looking like a character from Sesame Street!



The Furry Edit
Fur bag - Zara Fur collar - River Island Fur gilet - ASOS
Fur hat - River Island Fur lined boots - Topshop


The Fluffy Edit
Fluffy mittens - ASOS Fluffy heels - Topshop 
Fluffy top - New Look Fluffy cardigan - MissGuided Fluffy coat - Topshop

Which are your favourite pieces? Have you bought any fluffy or fur pieces this winter?

Love from Lou Lou