08/04/2013

Fashion Fling Look no.1

Today, I am very excited to show you all my first look for the Fashion Fling Style Challenge, run by McArthurGlen in association with Grazia. If you aren't already familiar with McArthurGlen Designer Outlets, they stock a range of luxury, designer and premium brands, all reduced by up to 70%. My nearest centre is in Livingston, however there are others in York, East Midlands, Ashford, Swindon, Cheshire Oaks and Bridgend. The shopping centres are holding a Fashion Fling event from 6th - 21st April, where customers can take part in various activities. These include Grazia styling sessions and prize draws, plus exclusive offers and a complimentary tote bag with a copy of Grazia inside! 

As part of the Fashion Fling, I have been challenged to style two of this season's must-haves for three different occasions: a shopping trip, dining out and work. This week's outfits are styled around a beautiful Ted Baker leather cut-out clutch bag. I love the eye-catching colour and design, which works well with my colourful clothing. For my shopping outfit, I have opted for a fun and flirty look by wearing a floral bodycon dress with leather wedges and accessorising with oriental fringed earrings and round vintage sunglasses. My style tip for today is never be afraid to wear bold colours. It is such an effective way to stand out from the crowd. If you aren't used to wearing lots of colour, use vibrant accessories as a starting point, and even some brightly painted nails. 

I would like to thank my friend Lianne MacKay for taking my photographs. She has such a great talent behind the camera and we had so much fun shooting around Newhaven, the part of Edinburgh where I grew up.


Floral dress - Topshop
Sunglasses - Mad Elizabeth
Fringed earrings - H&M
Wedges - River Island
Clutch - Ted Baker

What do you think of my first look? Will you be taking part in McArthurGlen's  Fashion Fling event?

Love from Lou Lou