24/03/2013

Forever 21 Glasgow Launch

 On Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to the Forever 21 press launch in Glasgow. I have been a fan of the American brand ever since it opened it's two stores in London. Now I don't have to travel nearly so far, as the new store is located on Buchanan street, just a couple of minutes away from Queen Street station. 

Upon arrival, we were greeted with Bellini cocktails and sweet little cupcakes. Then after meeting a couple of the representatives, we were given the grand tour. I couldn't get over how enormous the scale of the shop floors are, and we were informed that the store is even bigger than the one on Oxford Street. What also struck me was how it felt more like a designer department store rather than your average high street shop. This is because of the beautiful interiors, from the sparkling floors to the french looking tables. 

The clothing lines are well merchandised, with concepts such as their safari and monochrome trends all with their own separate space. There are also various ranges including Love 21 (their more premium range), men's clothing, children's clothing and their Plus Sizes range. I love that the accessory department resembles a boutique, with bangles displayed in glass bowels and silver candelabras on the tables. The lingerie section is also very pretty and reminds me of a boudoir! 

The pricing and quality of the clothing is on the same end of the scale as H&M and New Look. You can find a pair of jeans or a pretty dress for under £20, so if you are not wanting to splash out too much on a passing trend, this store is worth checking out. It is also worth noting that the clothing lines are not re-stocked so when you have your eye on something - you really need to get it before it's gone! I was kindly given a £25 voucher to spend although I didn't have quite enough time to decide what to purchase. It does however give me a good excuse to shop their again soon!

Love from Lou Lou