20/01/2013

Getting To Know Me





I was recently tagged by Laura AKA The Likely Lady for the Liebster Award.
It's a fab way of getting to know the person behind the blog and I do like a good questionnaire! 


The rules are:

♥ Write 11 facts about yourself.
♥ Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
♥ Choose up to 11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) and write 11 questions for them (remembering to let them know you've nominated them)!


11 Facts About Me

1. I have lived in four different places: Edinburgh, Carlisle, London, Sydney.

2. I like entering competitions online and so far have won a signed La Roux picture disc, tickets to The Clothes Show Live (which I won twice through 2 separate competitions. What are the chances of that?), tickets to concerts and a collection of Fiorelli handbags!

3. I'm slightly obsessed with social media, which includes running a Twitter page for my Topshop store (Scotland's flagship in Edinburgh)

4. I worked as a care assistant for 2 years in a hospital's Acute Receiving Unit (medical emergencies basically) which was the hardest thing I've ever done but what I'm most proud of doing in my lifetime.

5. I'm a chocoholic and need some a couple of times each day!

6. I collect glossy fashion magazines and have about 100 so far including Elle, Vogue, Lula, Another Magazine and Love.

7. Most of my close friends live in different cities which is annoying in some ways but good for visiting different parts of the UK. I also need to visit my friends who live in Switzerland, Copenhagen and Paris!

8. The two places in the world I am absolutely dying to visit are Tokyo and Stockholm.

9. I am happiest when I'm with my family, enjoying a delicious meal together with good banter!

10. My guilty pleasures are watching Made in Chelsea and listening to Elton John. Not ashamed to admit my love for them both!

11. I'm MUCH more a Spring/Summer girl than Autumn/Winter girl and want this cold weather to go away ASAP!

My questions from Laura

1. If you could only dress in the style of one era for the rest of your life, which decade would you choose, and why?

- Either the twenties or the sixties...probably the twenties if I could have endless supplies of flapper outfits!

2. What is the biggest risk you've ever taken? Was it worth it?

I guess I risked going blind by having laser surgery done a couple of years ago but I didn't really worry about the risk at the time and it was totally worth it as I no longer have the hassle of contact lenses or glasses.

3. Have you got any phobias? If so, what?

Spiders! My flatmate is scared of them too so when we find one it's a long process trying to get rid of it!

4. Which beauty product could you not live without? 

-There are two I absolutely cannot live without! Liquid eyeliner makes a world of difference to my look and I need concealer under my eyes to cover up the dark circles.

5. Who is your style icon?

- Erin O'Connor inspires my elegant side and Alexa Chung inspires my playful side of style. Again, I have 2 answers!

6. What do you most hope to achieve in 2013?

I would love to get a job in eCommerce for a fashion brand, I would also like to do a 10 km run and attend a show or two at London Fashion Week as the last time I was invited I couldn't go!

7. What are your favourite blog posts to read?

- I love Arrabella, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Stella's Wardrobe, Strutt and Miss Pandora. I also like reading my friend's blog The Cinnamon Slipper.

8. If you could host a dinner party with anyone, alive or dead, who would you invite, and why? (Oldie but a goodie!)

I would invite my fashion heroes Tim Walker, Erdem, Erin O'Connor, Leith Clarke, Coco Chanel, Twiggy and Grace Coddington. I would love to hear all their stories and opinions and I think I'd get on well with them all!

9. What's been your most embarrassing style-related disaster?

I remember years ago I wore a new dress in town on a sunny day. When I met up with my boyfriend at the time, he pointed out that you could see my knickers through the dress and said everybody was looking. Oops!

10. Biggest teenage crush? (Celebrity if possible!)

Embarassing but Billy from Good Charlotte! I think it was his beautiful cheekbones that did it for me but I definitely don't go for emo boys anymore!

11. Which song instantly gets you in the party mood?

Arctic Monkeys - 'I Bet That You Look Good On the Dancefloor' 

My nominees

Rebecca from The Cinnamon Slipper
Emma from Emsipop
Gemma from Gemma Satire
Kimberley from Just Another Magpie
Aimee from Miss Luxury Lifestyle
Hazel from Dittery Dots
Tiffany from Love Affair With Fashion

My questions for them

1. What was the last song/album you downloaded?

2. Which country would you like to visit the most?

3. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

4. If you could spend a day in the life of someone else, who would you choose?

5. What is your favourite film from your childhood?

6. What plans do you have for 2013?

7. What fashion accessory do you like to collect the most? (eg.handbags, scarves etc.)

8. What is your earliest fashion memory?

9. What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?

10. If you won a million pounds, what would be your first purchase?

11. What has been your greatest achievement in life so far?

Let me know if you fill out my questionnaire as I'd love to read all your answers. I hope you all enjoyed learning a bit more about me too!

Love from Lou Lou