18/06/2011

Project Ocean at Selfridges

Hello my lovelies! It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me so I apologize for the lack of blog posts. However, I can now tell you about my fashion discoveries in London last weekend. 

Firstly, I went to Lily Allen's shop Lucy in Disguise which is in Covent Garden. The interior is absolutely stunning with it's vintage furniture and the most incredible chandelier you've ever seen. As for the vintage clothing, the selection wasn't really to my taste, although my friend pointed out a dress that she had once seen Lily Allen wear. It was the perfect whimsical dress with vertical stripes of various pastel shades but sadly I couldn't justify the £750 price tag. I also love the collection that Lily and her sister Sarah have designed themselves. The shop is definitely worth a visit even though like me, you probably won't dare purchase anything. 

My other London recommendation for you is an exhibit at Selfridges called Project Ocean. It's a celebration of the ocean's beauty and was set up to inform people about the issue of over-fishing. I was amazed to see many familiar outfits such as Hussien Chalayan's Bubble Dress (once worn by Lady Gaga) and the amazing gold Fishscale Dress by Gareth Pugh (as worn in Beyonce's recent video.) Below are some of the photos I took but it's even more impressive seeing the garments up close. 

'Fishscale Dress' S/S 2011 - Gareth Pugh

'White Reef Dress' S/S 2011 - John Rocha

'Jellyfish Ensemble' S/S 2010 - Alexander McQueen

'Octopus Dress' - Iris Van Herpen

'Lobster Hat' Philip Treacy for Lady Gaga


Love from Lou Lou