24/05/2011

New Look Style The Nation

Hello my lovelies! Today has been loads of fun as I took part in a new T4 program called New Look Style The Nation. It was filmed in Glasgow's Buchanan Galleries and presented by Nick Grimshaw. He was really good to chat with although it's really nerve-wracking being filmed! I answered lots of fashion related questions and got my photo taken lots of times for the press. 

Six stylish people were selected at the end (half of which I predicted correctly!) They then stand a chance of getting a fashion mentor, and the two that do will compete with other cities by styling a catwalk show. Judges include the wonderful Giles Deacon and the winner will become a stylist for New Look. 

I wasn't expecting to be selected although I was obviously a little disappointed. It was still a brilliant day as I chatted with some like-minded and lovely people. I was really impressed with what people wore and we all agreed that everybody had an individual style. I'm rooting for a Scottish stylista to win - either Amanda or Rae.

What I wore:
Floral wreath - Market stall
Bird print top - New Look
Denim Waistcoat - Topshop
Brooch - Ruby Blue (Vintage)
Shorts - Zara
Satchel - Accessorize
Brogues - Garage Shoes

Rae designed her sheer top herself. She was selected as I 
knew she would. Very bubbly and beautiful girl from Ayrshire
who is soon to be interning for Lula magazine. Jealous!

This girl was also selected. I like that she picked 
out a tartan jacket. Representing Scotland well! 

I thought this guy should have been selected. I think he's more
destined to be a designer though as he wants to create one-off
dresses for women. Loved his bow tie and jacket.

Amanda's outfit was Grimmy's favourite! She has an online
 vintage shop called Bowjangles Boutique and is a really sweet
girl. I have my fingers crossed for you Amanda!

Thank you T4 for a great time and hello to everyone that was there! So excited to see the show in June/July.


Love from Lou Lou