26/03/2011

Maison Michel S/S 2011

One of my favourite ways I like to add to a look is with hair accessories. Perhaps this is why I am coveting several hair pieces from Maison Michel's new Spring/Summer collection. The styles vary from elegant gemstone headbands to quirky sequined cat ears, all beautifully shot by Karl Lagerfeld. 

Maison Michel is the oldest millinery house in Paris, founded in 1936 by Auguste Michel. He began his business by creating hats for the most fashionable women in town and over the decades has transformed into one of world's most sought-after milliners. Fashion houses including Givenchy, Nina Ricci and Lanvin have included Maison Michel's designs and in 1996, the house was taken over by Chanel. It now has a ready-to-wear line (see below) which has been worn by style icons such as the Olsen twins, who opted for the popular lace bunny ears.





Love from Lou Lou

P.S You can now listen to some of my favourite songs on my new i-pod gadget I've just added to my blog (on the top right.)