13/03/2011

Illustration Love: Esra Røise

I thought it was about time for another bit of illustration love. Previously I have  told you about Italian genius René Gruau, Californian sweetheart Danny Roberts and talented New Zealander Kelly Thompson. My latest discovery is a Norwegian illustrator: Esra Røise. Based in Oslo, Ersa has worked for magazines such as Nylon, Vice and Wallpaper. She uses a variety of media including digital and collage but my favourite images are simply pencil and watercolour. I adore the colours she uses, as well as the splashes and drips of paint. Esra is inspired by a mixture of "people around her, the fashion industry, music, awkward moments and imperfections". 
I want one of Esra's prints on my bedroom wall. I want to be drawn by her. I actually want to be her a little bit! To take a peek at her website, click here.


Love from Lou Lou