06/12/2010

Rodarte in Lula & Black Swan


Rodarte is fast becoming one of my favourite designer labels so I think it's fantastic that this month, the designer duo Kate and Laura Mulleavy have guest edited Lula magazine. They include interviews with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Vivienne Westwood and Elle Fanning which make very interesting reads. My favourite article however, was "White Dress" where Kate and Laura explain why white dresses are so special to them. They say that "It's the dreamy, sleepwalky feel that so easily intermingles with the magical and paranormal." References include Narnia's White Witch and Cecelia's dress in "The Virgin Suicides" (the white dress that first came to my mind.) If you haven't discovered Lula yet, you must track it down! I have mine delivered from Newsstand.co.uk.


black swan dress

As previously posted, Rodarte have also designed a total of 40 costumes for the thriller film "Black Swan" which came out last weekend in the America and will be released in the UK on 21st January. I cannot wait to see this film and I'm planning to watch it on the first day it comes out! 

If I ever happen to win the lottery, one of my first purchases would be a beautiful draped chiffon Rodarte dress. Just look at the mixing of vibrant colours. 

Rodarte collection
Check out their website here.

Love from Lou Lou