04/03/2013

Vintage Heaven at The Corn Exchange

Last week, I took the train to Leeds for my third shopping trip there with one of my best friends who lives just outside the city. Our first (and favourite) stop was The Corn Exchange which has to be the most spectacular shopping centre I've ever seen. I'm a big fan of the Victorian era, so I love the architecture of the building and it's the perfect location for little vintage shops. More had popped up since my last visit which was really exciting! 



The photo above is of a display in Alice Found Treasure, where I bought three pieces of jewellery for just six to eight pounds each. I felt like buying the whole table of vintage gems! Shop their Marketplace site here.


Possibly the coolest looking shop I've ever seen is Candy Candy. The wallpaper, the furniture and the fortune teller set design added so much charm. We tried on almost all of their hairbands which featured glittery cherries and life-sized cupcakes. Too cute! Shop their hair accessories and jewellery online here.


I first visited Mad Elizabeth a couple of months after it opened, as you can see from my blog post. Now the vintage boutique is about to celebrate it's second birthday. Time flies! I was looking for a pair of sunglasses to add to my collection and found these beauties. Mad Elizabeth can also be found on Asos Marketplace here and if you hurry, you can use discount code MadElizabeth25 for 25% off. You know I love a good discount!


I now have a new dream, which is to set up a boutique with Kate, selling her hand-painted accessories and my selection of dresses and all things girly. How amazing would that be?

Love from Lou Lou