02/04/2012

From Stylist to Model


You may remember from previous posts that I am part of a style team led by Lynne McCrossan for the Edinburgh Evening News. Well, on the last shoot I ended up modelling too which was very exciting! The shoot was located at Hotel Missioni which is the most stylish and modern hotel I've ever seen. It was perfect for our fashion feature which was based on Edinburgh's top boutiques.

I had so much fun posing in the hotel lobby's window and in two of the beautiful bedrooms. The highlight had to be slipping into the floral Erdem maxi dress as Erdem is my favourite designer and his designs are so dreamy and romantic. I wonder if he'll ask me to model for his next catwalk show...

I was also pleased that I was featured on the cover of the Evening News (in the corner but still the cover!) It's strange to think that so many people will be looking at my modelling pictures in the paper and may even recognise me! I've already been in a newspaper, magazine and on TV for fashion purposes before, but it's always really exciting to get an extra 15 minutes of fame!


Stripe T-shirt dress, £51 @ Sam Brown
Leopard print trainers, £35 @ Lipsy
Gold cross necklace, £10 @ River Island

Silk floral maxi dress by Erdem, £1745 @ Jane Davidson

Moonbeam dress by Carolyn Baxter, £110
Studded boots, £75 @ River Island
Ripped jeans, stylist's own

I hope you like my pictures. I know my back looks boney on the main picture but it's only because I was asked to hunch my back as much as possible. It wasn't the most comfortable pose to hold but it definitely looks the most editorial. 

What do you think of my modelling debut?

Love from Lou Lou