05/07/2011

Miss Katie Cupcake Jewelry


Yesterday I went shopping in my hometown of Edinburgh to find a birthday present for my best friend, and I ended up buying a lot for myself too! I got some amazing bargains in the summer sales but my favourite item has to be this ring which already feels special to me. I found it at a stall on the Royal Mile which has been been set up by a jewelry designer who goes by the name of 'Miss Katie Cupcake'. She creates the most beautiful jewelry which are each one of a kind. My ring has been made from a fragment of old porcelain which is encased in sterling silver and you will probably recognize the birds from the famous 'Old Willow' design. I used to have Old Willow mugs in my house and strangely I had been wanting to buy something with this kind of design for the past few months.



Visit Katie's Facebook page here or if you're in Edinburgh during July you can  see her stall on the Royal Mile from Fridays to Mondays. 

Love from Lou Lou