22/01/2011

Style + Music

Every morning before I go to work, I eat my breakfast while watching pop videos on TV, as music wakens me up and gets me ready for the day ahead. What makes me even more happy is when the videos include bags of style. Last year pop artists Rihanna, Gaga, Marina and Coco all gave their music videos a fashion edge. This year we will see a variety of styles from new artists Sunday Girl AKA Jade Williams, Korean girl band 2NE1 and critic's favourite Jessie J.


NE21 are currently huge in Korea and consist of four girls named CL, Bom, Dara and Minzy. Thier style is eccentric and they are already influencing fashion in their home country. Lucky for us, Will.i.am is helping the band release in America so we should see them on MTV in the near future!





While Jade was touring the music festivals last Summer, she was style-spotted by the likes of Vogue.com, which was then followed by DJ sets for Erdem and Reiss. Now that she's released her debut song "Stop Hey", we will see even more of her and her on-trend style. She likes sheer fabrics and masculine tailoring. Her music is so refreshing and I love that she creates her own artwork, song-writing and comes up with her own video ideas.




Jessie J is already becoming a huge success for 2011 and I predict we haven't even seen the best of her yet. She has so far won the Critics' Choice Award and the BBC Sound of 2011 poll. Plus her debut single "Do it Like a Dude" reached no.2! She has a killer attitude when performing so her tough style suits her perfectly. She's wears striking tights (including House of Holland) and fierce make-up (including Mac). She also makes me want to grow my hair back into a blunt-fringed bob!


Love from Lou Lou