28/01/2011

Shopping in Leeds

Yesterday I took the train down to Leeds for the first time, to see my old housemate Kate. We had a lovely catch up and a VERY successful shop! The high-street favourites had to be visited, including H&M where I bought a pair of faux leather paneled leggings for only £15! 

What I enjoyed the most though were the shops unique to Leeds. In kitsch boutique Culture Vulture we went crazy for the necklaces and were totally spoilt for choice, but whittled them down to two each. Mine were gold pendant necklaces with an Eiffel Tower and a stag. You can also buy Pop Tarts and Lucky Charms if you fancy an old-school breakfast! My favourite part of the boutique had to be their till which was covered with lego bricks and lego skeletons!

The best shop we visited by far was called Mad Elizabeth in the beautiful Corn Exchange. Although it was perhaps the smallest vintage shop I've been too - it had the best vintage pieces I've ever seen! I picked up a whole bundle to try on and in the end went for a chunky eighties cardigan with a purple rose design, a pleated electric blue skirt and a cameo necklace. If you're intending to shop in Leeds any time soon, I strongly recommend you pop into this shop. Below are a couple of pictures I took there.



Love from Lou Lou