23/08/2010

A bit of Grace

Ever since I watched The September Issue, I became a fan of American Vogue's Creative Director, Grace Coddington. She is not only very down-to-earth, but she is a creative GENIUS! So I'm very happy to hear that I can get another little piece of Grace in the near future as she is starting to pen her memoir!
The book is being written with Jay Fielden, who also collaborated with her on the coffee table book "Grace: 30 Years of Fashion at Vogue", however the price tag of over £700 stopped me from buying it! I'm hoping the new autobiography will be a small fraction of the cost!

Grace's autobiography will cover her childhood in Wales; her days of modeling during London's swinging sixties era and working at both British and American Vogue. She tells WWD "I'm hoping it's going to be very rich in fashion history. It's more than just about me." 
I'm really excited about this book as it sounds like I'll get a really good insight into the fashion industry, coming from one of the top industry professionals. 


Love from Lou Lou