26/06/2010

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello!

I am Louise Arnot, although you can call me Lou Lou! I've finally got round to creating a fashion blog as for the past year or so it's been one of these things which I didn't know where or when to start.
Now that I've got my act together, let me start off by telling you a bit about my love of fashion with the use of my own photographs.


I have a degree in photography and in my second year at the University of Cumbria I realised my favourite type of photography was fashion. From then on that's what I concentrated on mostly. Finding my models, locations and clothing which I love to style myself. 


After graduating I spent a year in London doing fashion photography. This included photography for Fashion156, Buckstyle and my own portfolio. My favourite shoots were at Graduate Fashion Week, Texprint and one that was set inside a derelict building.


I find it difficult to sum up my style but I would say it's usually very feminine and thought through. My day wear includes skirts, shorts and tights (with the exception of A/W season - I do live in Scotland after all!) and dominated by colours of lilac, pastel pink, light grey and navy blue. When I'm dressing up for a night out with my girls however I prefer a sexier look so black is usually the key with details in pattern, texture, shape or accessories. 


Thanks for reading my first blog post,

Love from Lou Lou