18/08/2010

Seventies Scrapbook


One of my mum's friends has kindly lent me some scrapbooks filled with magazine cuttings she collected back in the seventies. It's really fun looking at them all and comparing all the trends back then to those of this Autumn/Winter. As the styles of the seventies are making a comeback I thought I would share with you some of the cuttings that struck me as being relevant to today's fashion.


Capes and the camel shade are bang-on this A/W
Layering is the key!

Faux fur is big again this year. I'm still searching for the perfect fur coat.
Maroon is one of the colours to look out for and can be found in Topshop & Urban Outfitters.

Take a styling tip from this dashing man and drape your coat over your shoulders.
Alexa Chung has been doing this recently.
Tailored, high-waisted shorts & trousers are as chic as they were back in 1974.


I would like to say a special thank you to Judith Staley for lending me her fabulous scrapbooks. I think I'll be photocopying some of the looks and sticking them in my own scrapbook!

Love from Lou Lou